If you’re wondering how to get more reviews on Google for your business, read on!
As a small business owner, you know the importance of word-of-mouth recommendations. Some clients ask us “how much do google reviews matter?” We cannot stress enough how important these keywords are for small businesses. People trust people, not businesses.
Since reviews are the online word-of-mouth, they’re pretty important when it comes to building trust amongst your customers; enough trust that they decide to choose you over your competitors. Compared with all other types of marketing, word-of-mouth is the most effective. 88% of people believe in word of mouth reviews.
If you’re looking to grow your business, reviews can help…a lot. But how to generate them? Let’s take a look at that now.
What are the benefits of getting more reviews on Google?
There are several benefits of generating reviews for your business. We’ll take a look at the top three reasons below:
1. Improve your search engine rankings. Reviews gain you street cred in the eyes of Google. The more positive reviews you have, the higher you’ll sit in Google’s estimations, and therefore search results.
2. Increase credibility with potential customers. Reviews give your business value and credibility as a business people can trust. Trust is the most important factor when it comes to new customers taking the plunge to try your product or service.
3. You get genuine feedback. There’s no better way to improve your products or services than to listen to your customers’ feedback. Little by little you’ll learn what people like and don’t like about what your business offers and you can make changes accordingly.
Take a look at one of our clients, Moyo, who, with our help, now has the second highest number of reviews of all hair salons in Ireland. This in turn has generated thousands of new visitors to their website each month which of course transpires into a lot of salon appointments and product sales.
Wondering how to get more reviews on Google? Do the same as Moyo for your business and it’ll reap the same results.
The 5 Best Ways to Get More Reviews on Google
Coming up with creative ways to get more reviews for your small business can be challenging. That’s why we’ve made a list of 5 tips for you to try out:
1. Make it easy for customers to leave reviews on Google
Your customers have busy lives and what you’re essentially asking of them is to make time out of their day to do you a favour. Make it easy for your customers to leave reviews by giving them links and instructions on how to do it.
2. Give customers an incentive to write reviews on Google
Offering your customers an incentive can make a big difference to the number of customers who take the time to actually sit down and help you out. Offer a discount or freebie and be sure to promote it on your social media so people actually know about it.
3. Directly ask your customers for reviews on Google
The best way is usually the simplest! Ask your customers nicely to leave you a review and explain how much it would mean to you for them to help you out as a small business owner.
4. Use a Review Generation Service
Don’t have time to reach out to your customers yourself? No sweat. There are plenty of services available for busy business owners that can do that for you, including us. Give us a shout to schedule a free consultation with us today.
5. Create a Review Generation Contest
Make leaving a review fun and rewarding for your customers! Offer a prize or discount on their next purchase in return for their participation; this idea is a good way to improve the quality and quantity of your reviews.